Monday, August 22, 2016

Oatmeal Milk & Honey Cut & Recipe

Here's the Oatmeal Milk & Honey soap from the post below all cut and trimmed.

 
I'm happy with the tops and the swirls, I didn't want a bunch of different colours and pattern, this is just enough. The recipe is below and of course you can choose your own design.
 
 
340 grams Coconut Oil
298 grams Palm Oil
75 grams Cocoa Butter
370 grams Olive Oil
 
156 grams Sodium Hydroxide
364 grams Water
 
40 Grams Cream or Milk
2 Tbsp Honey
Hand of Oatmeal
4 Tsp Oatmeal Milk & Honey Fragrance
Large pinch of bronze mica for colour
 
OK, so you see I have taken my usual recipe, which is a modification of Susan Miller Cavitch's basic bar recipe and backed of the water a bit to accommodate the 40 grams of cream. The cream, honey, oatmeal and fragrance were all added at a light trace, after I had removed about 1/2 cup of soap to colour. During the pouring I did two tiny layers, both off to one side, with the coloured soap and then did a bit of swirling with a hanger. Once that was done I gently pressed some bubble wrap onto the top of the soap and did not insulate.
 
I've also found an Oatmeal Milk & Honey bath bomb recipe from more that a few years ago.
Here's a link if you want to try them, there's a few other recipes there too.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment