Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New Toy

The brownie pan pictured here is from Superstore and is a Presidents Choice brand. I picked it up for $9.99 thinking there was an oustide chance I would be able to use it for soap. Thinking there would be a major problem getting the soap out of the dividers, I procrastinated trying it for at least two weeks. Although the soap pictured here is no prize, it did come from the brownie pan and came out of the dividers very easily. The whole pan had to be placed in the freezer once the soap hardened ( for about 30 min) and then it popped out in one big slab. Then I just pushed each bar out through the dividers. Now since I was just trying this out, I'm not even sure exactly how much soap it holds but I will be trying it again and will post more info.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Paw Print Soaps

This was something I was working on for the August newsletter but we ran out of Paw Print molds so I didn't include it. We will have more if this mold in next month as well as some new designs. The packaging for this soap was inspired by Julee Tilman. Her blog is called Poetic Artistry http://www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com/. I was happy to see the I could stamp on our glassine bags. They are the same price as the tags I blogged about last month, $2.50 for 10. Scroll down to see the finished package. My glassine bag was too small for the soap!

Packaged Soap

Well thank goodness you can also stamp on brown paper bags since my soap was to big for the glassine bag I wanted to use. The Ribbon I used here was from Walmart and the stamps are all Stampin Up. This will probably go in a care packaging I am sending to a little neice and nephew so I'll make a girly looking one as well. What's nice about this is you don't have to take it apart to get the soap out, the bag just slides out the side.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lavender Bath Bombs

Although I sometimes get tired of making Lavender bath bombs, I never get tired of using this mold. I usually brush the ridges with mica to add a little colour but this time I decided to try something different. It was "somewhat" successful. I mixed the bath bombs and coloured just a tiny bit which I tried to put in to the ridges of the mold the best I could. Then I packed the uncoloured mixture on top. I could still put a little mica on the ridges to make them more defined. You never know until you try......