Saturday, August 20, 2016

Oatmeal Milk & Honey Soap + My Cutter

 I made a batch of Oatmeal Milk & Honey scented soap yesterday and cut it this morning. The cutter I use came from WorkshopHeritage on Etsy. I like it because you can adjust the size of the bars and you can also cut them the 'other way' if you have done a mantra swirl (see here).
I added oatmeal to the soap, you can see I added enough that it would be obvious the soap contained oatmeal, but I left the small portion that was coloured with Bronze  Mica oatmeal free.
 
On the top of the soap I took a strip of bubble wrap and gently pressed the bubbles in to the soap, making a nice honeycomb effect, there is honey in this soap too. The bubble wrap stays on the soap until you`re ready to unmold.
You can also lay the bubble wrap in the bottom of the mold and pour on top of it, for melt and pour soap you have to put the bubble wrap on the bottom, at least as far as I know. Here's a melt & pour soap where I poured on top  of the bubble wrap, the mold was curved so it was easy to lay the bubble wrap in , the darker soap is the top.
 
Once I have all the bars from this morning  trimmed up I will post another picture of them with the recipe. Its the one I always use with a couple of tweaks. Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment