Thursday, October 29, 2015

Candy Cane Swirls


The first three pictures of this post are my attempt at a Taiwan swirl without using dividers in the mold. There is a really good video at Soaping 101 where the soap lines are poured by hand and the swirl comes out really pretty and wispy. I wanted lines like that for my Candy Cane soap and as you can see this did not work for me (:  I think my soap was too thick and my mold is too tall.  I will try this again but not this year. 


So I made a second batch, this time using the dividers in my mold and attempted wispy lines by layering white soap with the coloured soap and swirling it before I took the dividers out. So I had one slot with white soap, and the next had red and white layered and swirled, then another slot of just white and a slot of green and white layered and swirled. 

After I removed the dividers I did a back and forth zig zag with a skewer, going all the way down, and then circled around the edge of the mold 6 times.

 
So neither batch of soap was exactly what I was going for but I think they still look pretty and the scent is so good, I used Peppermint Essential Oil with Black Raspberry Vanilla fragrance oil. The fragrance oil is supposed to be non discolouring and so far the colours have not changed!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment