Sunday, May 4, 2014

Floating Candles

I came across this picture from a really old newsletter, it's a floating candle I made using a Milky Way soap mold. Floating candles are hard to find these days and a lot of soap molds can be used for making them.
The mold I used is the Milky Way Victorian Heart and I've made some pretty ones using their Snowflake mold too. Just fill the cavities with melted wax and let the wax harden. After the wax has hardened, remove from the mold and drill a small hole all the way through the centre. Put a wick through the hole, I use the votive style with the little tab at the bottom and put a little melted wax around it to seal the hole. If there's no tab on your wick I'm sure you could still seal the bottom with a little wax. These are a little larger than most of the floating candles I have seen so they burn longer.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment