Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Gingerbread Candle


I may have mentioned I have been trolling the stores for a mold with little Gingerbread Men. My sister found this for me at Michaels and it is over the moon perfect. I plan to use it for soap and wax embeds and for tiny bath bombs. The little Gingerbread Men  I made today are wax and I only filled the molds about 1/4 inch.
Aren't they the cutest!


I've used another glass  yogourt container for this Gingerbread candle. The wax is scented with Gingerbread fragrance and just a hint of Christmas Spice fragrance ( I like my Gingerbread spicey) and its coloured a light tan. I had leftover wax from making the Gingerbread Men and added a bit of that coloured wax to the soy wax flakes. I'm sure the next one I do will be a little lighter or darker, I didn't pay too much attention to how much coloured wax I added.
Anyway, I'm happy with the mold and how the candle turned out. There was barely enough room for my little man, after carefully remelting the top of the candle with my hair dryer I carefully placed the Gingerbread Man with the wick sitting right in his armpit. I was prepared to cut off a bit of his hand and foot but he got to stay whole LOL.
Thanks for reading, any questions let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment