Saturday, February 27, 2016

Piped Topping Cut- Beach Themed Soap

 
 Here is the soap loaf I posted yesterday freshly cut but not trimmed. I got eight large bars, I could have had ten if I had made more embeds. The mold I used for the shells and starfish is at the bottom of this post.
 Here's a few close ups. Next time I'm going to make my batch a little larger, I was unable to fill the mold all the way because I was robbing soap for the piping. The soap I saved to pipe, it was just a guess at how much to save, I had to let sit for 30 minutes or so to thicken up.
The embeds have some white mica on the outside, I was toning down the colours LOL. There is also some iridescent cosmetic glitter on top of the piping, its not showing well in the pictures.


Below are some shell Bath Bombs I  made to go with the soaps, they'll probably be gone by the time the soap has cured but I can make more.
And lastly this is the silicone ice cube tray I used for my little starfish and shells.
Thanks for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment