Friday, August 1, 2014

Wrapping Soap: Coffee Filters + Flowers

Above is a soap I bought because I love the wrap on it. I love the coloured tissue, turns out its a little thicker than regular tissue paper, more like a coffee filter which is what I used to wrap a couple of my own soaps (pictured below). I left one filter white and stamped randomly on the other.
 
Usually if I wrap with a coffee filter I tape the top flat and cover it with a label. The picture below shows how I tied it with string instead, then you have to flatten the excess down as much as possible.
Below is the filter I stamped. I'm sure you could stamp on a Kraft filter, they would look nice plain too. Lastly I glued all of my layers of flowers etc together and then glued the layered flowers to the soap. Mine look different, I wasn't trying to copy exactly and wanted to use what I had on hand. This would work with bath bombs too and be pretty in a gift basket.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment