Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Soy Wax Tart Melts & New Molds


We have some Milky Way Wax Tart molds at the store and on the web site so I decided to try a few of them out. I didn't have any suitable wax on hand so I melted some of our Beanpod Wax Beads.
 I used McIntosh Apple, Cinnamon Bun and Pumpkin Pie. The molds have eight cavities and one tube of the wax beads will fill five. The amount of beads seems to vary a little so I just divided the melted wax evenly to make five tarts. In my microwave two bursts of 45 seconds was enough to melt almost all of the beads and a few little swishes of the measuring cup I had them in finished the melting process. They harden in about an hour.

Aren't they cute? You could also make small bath bombs or bath melts in these molds.

The picture of the jars below isn't great but these little glass jars from Superstore each hold five wax tarts perfectly.

Here is a picture of the mold I did not try. I think this butterfly would be cute with a fruity scent like Lemon, Lime or Orange-Vanilla, yum!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment