Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blue & Green Dolphins - Playing with Colour

Here's a variation on an old post from 2010 using multiple pours of coloured soap. You need as many hands as you have colours because they are poured at the same time. For the variation, I filled my molds part way with some Goats Milk melt and pour and then added the colours, which in this case was only two. The shape of the mold helped the colours to stay separate, I really like the way these Dolphin soaps turned out.

 You can see in the background that I have a tray mold in a cookie sheet of cold water, that's for the leftover soap. I melted a full 2lbs of Goat Milk soap and a 1/4lb of each colour.
Here are some Dolphins having their close up.

 I poured the left over Goat Milk soap in to the tray mold and then the coloured soaps, one colour at each end.
These flowers are a bit of a fail. I had my sister help me and we did purple, pink and yellow soaps. Although the soap turned out pretty,  I was hoping for something more like the leaves we did in  this post. Thanks for looking, any questions let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment