Thursday, September 26, 2013

Soy Wax Melts - No Cheating This Time

 I've gotten some soy wax flakes in the store so I've made some wax melts without using the pre scented beads- see this post. I've just tried a few small batches, so for 5 melts using the
Milky Way Tart Molds I melted  70 grams of wax. The recommended amount of scent to add is 10%, I may have went a little over. Its hard to weigh out 7 grams of scent and I do tend to get carried away in the scent department. The pumpkins are fragranced with Pumpkin Crunch Cake.

My sister donated some orange wax from the remnants of a soy candle. I included that in my weight. To melt I did 45 seconds in the microwave twice with a little rest in between, you don't want the container to get too hot, or the wax.


I had a silicone ice cube tray that I tried. These ones I did with a Pear and Apple Jack blend. Of the five melts I made, only two came out without the leaf breaking off. I'd say silicone works OK but be careful of the shape.


 The pumpkins have a little bloom on them which I'm pretty sure is from the excess fragrance
The soy wax is 2lbs for $7.99 and will make 65 to 70 wax tarts depending on the size. These would make great homemade Christmas Gifts. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment